Kitaw Ejigu, Ph.D. founder and former
Chairman of ENUF
Ethiopian National United Front (ENUF) is organized
Today, more than ever, our mother land is faced with
extreme poverty and misery. Therefore, we the children of
The tribalist government of the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front (TPLF)/Ethiopian Peoples' Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) continues to practice heathenistic cruelty by authoritatively asserting "we know what is best for you!". Thus, TPLF/EPRDF is looting the nation's wealth, hunting down truth seeking citizens, imprisoning and executing, through dictatorial and illegal practices, brought about unending misery to the people.
The TPLF/EPRDF is making citizens jobless migrants, in their own country. To advance their ill devised philosophy, they forced restrictions to the use of common language and equal access to education, upon the people, which further advanced hate and division. The nation's consciousness, the people's unity and its history have been downtrodden; our flag which has been the symbol of our enduring freedom and pride has been trampled upon, torn and trashed.
This type of political betrayal has to be purged. The Ethiopian peoples' history, culture and long standing practice of multi-cultural community living that has bound them together must be upheld. The nation has overcome outside attacks. External and tribal meddling has never been accepted by the Ethiopian people. The solution to restoring the dignity of the Ethiopian people would be the establishment of a government system that has strong loyalty to national interests, the restoration of honor, morality, national dignity and international prestige. ENUF is committed to establishing such a community oriented governance.
Many dedicated Ethiopians have formed various political groups, to provide some appropriate means to stop the suffering of the nation. However, the paths chosen by the majority of these groups has not resulted in achieving the objectives.
Learning from the past, analyzing the present and
providing visionary leadership for the future ENUF is established to preserve
the pride and integrity of
ENUF is rapidly moving the struggle to snuff out the atrocities that are being perpetrated on the Ethiopian people by the TPLF/EPRDF government.
As exemplified by our forefathers refusal to allow their country and their unity to be undermined, we draw upon that courage to transitioning Ethiopians to freedom, unity and progress.
With these timely and principled vision, ENUF has been preparing and devising strategies to eliminate the tribalist regime of TPLF/EPRDF. Now ENUF is fully equipped to advancing this struggle with freedom loving Ethiopians.
The Ethiopian National United Front (ENUF) presents
its call and political platform to all Ethiopians and friends of
ENUF Political Executive Headquarters
1. To eliminate the oppressive regime of the TPLF/EPRDF, with complete support and participation of the Ethiopian people.
2. To protect the sovereignty of
3. To free the country from tribalism, religious, language and other divisiveness and bring about unity, equality and the rule of law.
4. To bring about development through the implementation of a free-market economy, democratic and peaceful system of governance.
1. To create a transitional government through peaceful and democratic process, round table discussions that include all political forces, religious and community leaders.
2. To create a constitution that allows participation by all political parties on a fair and open democratic national voting system.
3. To enable the achievement of a sophisticated political culture that allows for round table discussions and for peaceful conflict resolution.
4. To strive for the complete elimination of the divisiveness, hatred and fear, promoted by the TPLF/EPRDF regime, among the general public. Accelerate the process for peace, cooperation and economic development.
5. To work in unison with all the forces that are prepared to promote unity, peace and democracy.
1. To empower the people and to establish good democratic and transparent governance founded upon a people's constitution with freedom and equality for all, without any discrimination on the bases of tribe, religion, sex, region, etc....
2. To encourage the formation of political parties that are free from tribalism, language, religion, and gender deferences. And to have and maintain a transparent voting system whereby the ones elected by majority vote will have the opportunity to serve the people.
3. To ensure that the government responsibly continues creating enabling environment for rapid development and economic growth for the nation.
4. To ensure that the historical flag with Green, Yellow and Red strips, that has represented the Ethiopian unity, honor, pride and sovereignty is maintained.
5. To ensure that all avenues of communication are open and that freedom of speech is fully exercised by all.
6. To assure that the law of the land separates state and Church. Thus, encourage unity and harmony while acknowledging that freedom of religion and love of country, under God, are practiced as choice and duty respectively.
1. To devise policies that will encourage the practice of free-economy for the prosperity of the Ethiopian people. Ensure that the law allows free-market enterprises to grow at an accelerated pace.
2. To ensure that the policies favor and promote research and development for self sufficiency in food production, and the creation of employment opportunities that improve the people's standard of living. Moreover, to further assist private and public entities with credit programs that are essential for stronger economic development.
3. To prioritize projects for economic development and ensure that Ethiopian citizens have full rights to participate and/or involve foreign investors on a joint venture bases.
4. To guarantee that land be divided among farmers in a lawful and equitable manner. Individuals who legally own their land will have the right to sell, exchange, bequeath and transfer among family; lease such properties in cities or in the rural areas.
5. To ensure that fair labor laws are implemented uniformly. The government and employers will work in collaboration to provide skills training that will encourage increase in productivity. The government shall monitor work environment, for health, and ensure that all workers shall be paid a livable wage. A minimum wage requirement will also be implemented as a result of consultation and negotiation with workers and employees. The International Labor Organizations regulations pertaining to the relationship between employers and employees will be implemented from the uniquely Ethiopian perspective keeping in mind the culture and the economic situation of the country.
6. To improve the standard of living for the domestic sector of the nomadic population by providing technical assistance and training for improved livestock management.
7. To support areas that are under developed and accelerate their growth for sustainability.
8. To devise strong measures for the elimination of corruption practices, that have hindered national progress.
1. To implement modern education for all. Asserting
2. To encourage programs that will increase patriotism and inspire the students to make a positive difference for the future of their country.
3. To give special support to science and technology institutions and make it possible for Ethiopians of all walks of life to attain education free of charge.
4. To encourage and to provide the support needed to advance the establishment of schools and teachers training institutions. Thus, accelerate educating the mass and eliminating illiteracy.
1. To ensure that the Ethiopian population will have access to all health services and to implement a preventive health education agenda through the establishment of community health centers all around the country.
2. To establish a health plan that works towards effectively eliminating transferable, treatable disease as well as diseases for which cures have not yet been found such as HIV/AIDS.
3. To establish modern health facilities in all areas of the country and ensure the availability of medical supplies and equipment as a priority. The private sector will also be encouraged to play an active role in this sector.
4. To aid in the proper preparation and distribution of traditionally effective medicines.
5. To ensure that the availability of health care is equitable to all.
6. To provide the nation with clean drinking water.
1. To encourage the country's agricultural, manufacturing, trade and services sectors for improved training such that better skills can be attained for the effective use of the available national work force.
2. To ensure that retirees and disabled veterans are given fair retribution that is livable and competitive with inflation prices. Consideration will also be given to creating other avenues of income generation for these individuals.
3. To create alternative means of earning a living for citizens that are currently under destitute conditions, i.e. begging or prostitution.
4. To establish a social welfare programs for the rehabilitation of juvenile delinquents, the disabled, and the aged who are unable to earn wages and do not have a support system.
5. To eradicate the negative effects that result form human and natural disasters through the establishment of national emergency relief programs.
6. To free all political prisoners and to repatriate all the Ethiopian refugees from the neighboring countries and to facilitate a viable resettlement program.
7. To preserve the historical and cultural heritage assets of the nation. The appropriate preservation of religious and cultural artifacts, traditional Ethiopian languages etc. will be given national priority with in depth studies and documentation.
1. To ensure that religion and state are separate and that individuals are guaranteed freedom of religion.
2. To provide religious freedom and one's right to practice in peace.
3. To closely monitor any movement that might use religion as a cover for challenging the sovereignty and security of the nation.
1. To give special provisions for the use, preservation and growth of the multi languages and cultures.
2. To ensure the preservation of the languages of all of Ethiopians.
3. To strengthen all of the different languages of
1. To guarantee individuals the right to: - work, exercise free speech, accumulate wealth, commune, peruse life, liberty, and happiness.
2. To uphold all International declarations and charters that pertains to Human Rights.
3. To ensure freedom of movement for all Ethiopians throughout all the regions of the country.
4. To ensure that no Ethiopian shall be forced to loose his/her citizenship rights without legal proceedings. Unless it can be proven without a doubt that an individual had committed a crime, upon the findings of courts, one shall not be imprisoned and one's place of residence shall not be searched.
5. To ensure that all Ethiopians shall have the right to sell, exchange, and bequeath the property to which they are legally entitled.
6. To ensure that all Ethiopians who are of age shall have the right to participate in the political system, to vote and run for an office as long as they do not have a criminal record or are declared mentally incapable.
Section 7: National Defense, Police & Intelligence Org.
1. To ensure the establishment of a national defense army made up of individuals who are recruited by choice and based on their willingness and ability, for defending the nation's borders and sovereignty.
2. To ensure that the National Defense shall be separate and free from special interest groups. It shall not influence politics and shall follow all the laws set forth in the constitution.
3. To build a strong Defense Force, modernized for the defense of the integrity of the entire nation. Members of the former Ethiopian Army shall be allowed to participate if they are interested in protecting the sovereignty of their nation.
1. To establish an organized and capable central police and intelligence system that can enforce national peace and stability.
2. To ensure that the national police and intelligence agency composed of all groups of Ethiopians.
3. To ensure that Police and Intelligence officials will be prohibited from participating in any political arena.
1. To devise a foreign policy that is free of influence and interference of any external government, but at the same time open to working in partnership with foreign countries in ways that are mutually beneficial.
2. To ensure that the foreign policy will assist accelerating economic development. The foreign policy will generally support the overall need for cooperation, peace and partnership.
3. To collaborate with other nations of the world that are fighting for peace and democracy. Also pro-actively
work to ensure that the damaged images of
4. To uphold the charters of the United Nations, Organization of African Unity and Human Rights Organizations as long as these declarations do not interfere with national interests.
5. To make diplomatic strides to establish and set the
legal borders of
|RETURN TO HOME PAGE|
Copyright © 2003-2009 ENUF. All rights